Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Left-handed writing curriculum?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Curriculum Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bcksmom
User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:06 pm    Post subject: Left-handed writing curriculum? Reply with quote

Our oldest is 3 1/2 and I would like to get him started in a writing curriculum...formal or informal. He is left-handed and it seems like everything is geared for right-handed children. Do I teach him the same way I would teach a right-hander? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
hscoach
User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These two links may be helpful for you:

http://www.lefthandedchildren.org/

http://www.ehow.com/how_2069814_teach-left-handed-child-write.html
williamblake621
User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think first link is better than second one ! thanks for sharing.
Llola
User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 21 year old DD is a lefty and it's never prevented her from writing in any book or workbook. If there is a problem, just rip the pages out of the book so the spine is out of the way.
ranae
User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We use Handwriting Without Tears and have found it helpful for my lefty daughter. From their website:

Handwriting Without Tears designed student workbooks to be left-hand friendly. We put models for the children to copy on both sides of the page so that left-handed students don’t cover the model they are asked to copy. This alleviates the problem of left-handed individuals having to hook their wrists to see the models and enables them to maintain correct positioning.
NicoleMPratt
User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this question was asked quite sometime ago but I have a left handed daughter and I just cut the binding off from the handwriting workbooks I got and rebound them on the right side. This was to prevent the binding being in the way of her hand when she was learning to write so she could focus on the formation of the letters correctly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Curriculum Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: