Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Online homeschooling providers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Curriculum Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dodocy
User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:00 pm    Post subject: Online homeschooling providers Reply with quote

My wife and I are looking for an online provider for our 11 year old girl who is about to start in the 7th Grade (we're keeping her 1 year ahead). Her test scores have always been in the very high 90's, although math is probably her least favorite subject.

Up to now, she has been taught by my wife (who has 3 years of college), but she is now running out of confidence to keep our daughter's ability quenched and satisfied. We still want to homeschool, but think an online based curriculum might be best. It is also becoming more difficult as our 7 year old boy grows up and is educated as well, not to mention our 3 year old girl.

Our requirements include quality interactive lessons (not just flash cards on a screen!), child logging and parent tracking/report card features, flexible schedule (i.e. not realtime), and at least the main core subjects covered. Our budget is about $500 to $1000 per year - and we're only looking for our oldest right now.

Also, we're not looking for a religious based curriculum, as we can provide exposure to the various religions of the world ourselves.

We’ve both been looking for several weeks now, but keep going round and around in terms of quality and cost.

Any suggestions and experience (or horror stories) would be much appreciated.

Cy.
itsrks
User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you find something?

Try looking over www.UpliftingEducation.com and see if it's something you'd like.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Curriculum Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: