Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just now starting to prepare for HS'ing my almost 6 yr. old

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Guestbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RawVeganFruitMom
User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:55 pm    Post subject: Just now starting to prepare for HS'ing my almost 6 yr. old Reply with quote

My name is Susan.. I am 39, Stay at Home Mom..naturally..LOL...

Attachment Parent, Co-Sleeper, Natural (nontoxic) Living Enthusiast...

I have an almost 6 yr old son who is speech delayed..No... not Aspergers or Autistic.. Just simply "Speech Delayed".. We are doing lots of alternative therapies to help in his speech development and have had lots of success so far with them.. However, he is still working on expanding his real word speech vocabulary.. It's very limited right now.. We are working on doing more letter sounds. He does have some sensory issues he is working through.. I take him out of the house a lot when he was a young baby...because of all of his health issues (only because it was ultra difficult to bring him out of our home.. He had very bad GI probs among many other probs... We have taken care of most of his initial health probs through diet and lifestyle changes. He is a totally different child now. Much healthier and happier.

I found this website and forum while reading the first few chapters of Mary Pride's book on Getting started with HS'ing...Yes I bought the book and read about this site and wanted to make some contacts and build a support system for myself and my son.

I haven't figured out a curriculum for us to start with..

Right now I am basically concentrating on his health and speech development and even his potty training...

I am very open to advice and suggestions..

I am also very eager to meet some others that might share the same situation as we have...
RawVeganFruitMom
User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:58 pm    Post subject: I also have another post in the Special Needs HS'ing section Reply with quote

I also posted a thread in the Special Needs Homeschooling section of this forum.. I hadn't realized I was supposed to introduce myself here first.. So here I am..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Guestbook All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: