Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Writing Road to Reading

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Curriculum Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
christie_jarrard
User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:40 pm    Post subject: Writing Road to Reading Reply with quote

We are easing into homeschooling this year with my four year old with The Writing Road to Reading. I'm ordering the book today, but I was wondering if it is possible to make my own supplemental materials. I saw on Spalding's website that they have a teaching kit for K-3 for $189, but I'm not sure I want to spend that much. For those with experience, is the kit worth it? Is is possible to read the book and make my own cards, etc.?

I tried the search fxn but it doesn't appear to be working, sorry if this has been posted before.
elliemaejune
User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Writing Road to Reading Reply with quote

christie_jarrard wrote:
We are easing into homeschooling this year with my four year old with The Writing Road to Reading. I'm ordering the book today, but I was wondering if it is possible to make my own supplemental materials. I saw on Spalding's website that they have a teaching kit for K-3 for $189, but I'm not sure I want to spend that much. For those with experience, is the kit worth it? Is is possible to read the book and make my own cards, etc.?

I tried the search fxn but it doesn't appear to be working, sorry if this has been posted before.

You don't need the kit to do Spalding with a 4yo. Smile

All you need is the manual (WRTR; the method is Spalding, the manual is WRTR) and the phonogram cards. I wouldn't even worry about the Spelling Assessment Manual until at least next year. And the phonogram cards are not that expensive; just buy them and call it a day. Smile

Before you start doing anything with your dc, you will want to read the manual from cover to cover several times. Everything you need to know is in there, but you have to read it. Smile
Caretaker of 2 dear kitties, 1 French bulldog, 1 dachsund, and 3 budgies
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Curriculum Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: