Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Reading, Writing, Language Arts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4given
User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:26 am    Post subject: Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons? Reply with quote

My first two sons learned to read using ABeka K4, many moons ago. Now that it's time to teach my third son (of 4), I needed something with a little less "fluff" but all the "meat." I just purchased the "Teach Your Child...." second-hand and I am looking forward to using it.

What has been your experience with it? Are there any downfalls?

Thanks. Smile
springmama
User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just started using it yesterday. I had been trying other methods to teach my 5 year old to read and so far nothing has really clicked. I'm hoping this will work!
Good luck!
momo3boys
User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't used it, but my friend taught all three of her boys using it, then moved on to Explode the Code from there to fill in the blanks for spelling. She loved ow simple it was. Just like with everything else, remember we are homeschoolers and flexible is our middle name, so don't stress out if you don't do the whole lesson each day, sometimes they can be too long for little ones.
Phi 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Lily
User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We used it. About halfway through we started supplementing with the Starfall books and then easy readers, alternating a lesson one day, free read the next. It took longer, but it was more enjoyable than the first half the book had been.

Donnayoung.org has printables to go with 100 EZ lessons if you're looking to do both the reading and the writing at the same time. Just click on the "Handwriting" tab at the top.
Jazzy
User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We tried it, but my son wasn't ready to read at the time. I didn't care for the lettering in the book and I ultimately taught him to read using Abeka.
4given
User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate the replies. My son is doing well with this approach. I was checking back in today to find that site you suggested for the writing worksheets, Lily. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Reading, Writing, Language Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: