Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Testing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Law
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mommie26
User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:01 am    Post subject: Testing Reply with quote

This is my first year of homeschooling and I went to order my CAT test and seen that they were no longer offering it until the Fall Confused I did'nt start school with my daughter until the end of September..so I am I ok to wait and test her in September? and I reside in NC
Mommie26
User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i just looked on the seton website and you can order this test anytime from there..so i think i will just do that..since i wanted to go ahead and test her before starting 2nd grade..anyone know why the thurbers site has a cut off date to order your testing materials?
KristaBelk
User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Is testing required in your state or in general? Reply with quote

Is testing required in your state or in general? Or is this by choice? My dauther is 1-1/2 but I am doing some prep work. I only have her so far.

--Krista.
elliemaejune
User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Testing Reply with quote

Mommie26 wrote:
This is my first year of homeschooling and I went to order my CAT test and seen that they were no longer offering it until the Fall Confused I did'nt start school with my daughter until the end of September..so I am I ok to wait and test her in September? and I reside in NC

Yes, you're fine. You just have to test some time during the year.
Caretaker of 2 dear kitties, 1 French bulldog, 1 dachsund, and 3 budgies
elliemaejune
User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Is testing required in your state or in general? Reply with quote

KristaBelk wrote:
Is testing required in your state or in general? Or is this by choice? My dauther is 1-1/2 but I am doing some prep work. I only have her so far.

--Krista.

In NC, parents are supposed to test some time during the year and keep the results on file for one year. They don't have to show the results to anyone unless they are specifically asked to do so.
Caretaker of 2 dear kitties, 1 French bulldog, 1 dachsund, and 3 budgies
ncmom
User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't have to test until 7 yrs old. That is when the mandatory school age begins. You don't have to register your school with the state until then either. For testing...as long as you test sometime during the year but you don't have to do your first test until you have completed your first year. I wouldn't stress to much over it, I haven't ever been asked to show mine to anyone. Plus there are only around five employees at the NCDNPE so it is not likely that they are going to show up at your door asking to see it. All those employees are in Raleigh too so unless you are close to Raleigh chances will be slim to none that anything will ever happen. OH, and you don't have to send them in with the gray card asking you to voluntarily send them in either. I just checked the no box and sent the card back in. I figured if they really wanted to see my results that they could use the gas to come to my house instead of me spending my money on gas and postage. They never showed up or even contacted me. Hope your year goes well!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Law All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: