Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any challenges of homeschooling?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Surveys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jpggwo
User

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Any challenges of homeschooling? Reply with quote

Hi, Im a student studying early child education.
This is my assignment to interview homeschoolers.
plz answer these questions, if you can.

What are their challenges?
What special efforts have they come up with?
Do they believe they are successful, and why or why not?
What types of materials are being used?
What types of supplied programs do publishers offer?

thanks a lot.
abjennings
User

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Any challenges of homeschooling? Reply with quote

jpggwo wrote:
plz answer these questions, if you can.

What are their challenges?
What special efforts have they come up with?
Do they believe they are successful, and why or why not?
What types of materials are being used?
What types of supplied programs do publishers offer?

thanks a lot.

In the case of Early Childhood Education, a homeschoolers challenges would be the same as any beginning student,..learning to read, write, etc. I have both homeschooled and sent my child to public school and the challenges are the same when it comes to learning. I feel that it is harder to pinpoint where my DS struggles when someone else is teaching him.

Not sure what you mean by the 2nd question??

As far as feeling successful,...well, of course, he does. We as a family encourage him in everything he does. There is more competition in public school so I would say he feels much more successful in a homeschool enviroment.

I use a full curriculum and cover all the subjects that he would learn in public school, but much more reading and critical thinking skills are used at home. The curriculum I am using at home is by far a better choice. There is no comparison.

Supplied programs publishers offer,..I would encourage you to do a search yourself on homeschool curriculums. I use Oak Meadow, A Beka, Rosetta Stone, etc,.. Not sure if that is the answer you're looking for.
momo3boys
User

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Any challenges of homeschooling? Reply with quote

jpggwo wrote:
plz answer these questions, if you can.thanks a lot.

What are their challenges? Time to myself and making sure that I cover everything that needs to be covered, but at the EC level not so much.

What special efforts have they come up with? I use a lot of the library and other Homeschoolers as resources to help me in my efforts.

Do they believe they are successful, and why or why not? I know that I am successful when I see my children suddenly understand something that they didn't before, or reading at a level that they couldn't in the past. I also consider myself successful when other people in the neighborhood notice that my children are more polite and socially adept than the other "brats" that are around, their words not mine.

What types of materials are being used? Library books, workbooks, flashcards, toys, outside, household items, cooking supplies, puzzles, just about anything that you would see in a regular preschool and home.

What types of supplied programs do publishers offer? I don't know, I've never looked at programs that offer full curriculums or supplies.
Phi 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Surveys All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: