Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

work from home

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djh
User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: work from home Reply with quote

I am in a situation where I need to have full-time income. I have been homeschooling for 20 yrs. and will not put my remaining children in public school. I would like to find something I can do from home that does not involve selling (in any form), and, if possible, that does not involve the internet. I currently visit the library when using the internet. I need immediate income. I would appreciate and welcome any suggestions.
gellegbs
User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well since you have access to the internet why not sell things on e-bay? You can sell kids clothes, etc. If you like to do crafty things you can sell that too. I guess thats all i got lol.
Theodore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just keep in mind that if you sell things for other people on Ebay, you may need an auctioneer or similar license in some states. I think selling your own items is fine, so long as you remember to declare the income on your tax return Smile
c0s
User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a lot of ways of making money on the internet. There are lots of forums and communities that have this subject. You just have to search your way through them and you will find something for you to work. Good Luck!
barabi51
User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you read the book What Color Is Your Parachute? by Richard Bolles? It has all kinds of exercises for figuring out what it is you're really interested in. People don't like the same kind of work--not everyone is cut out to be a real-estate agent, a math tutor or a music teacher, no matter how many other people love doing those things. This is important because over the long run it will be easier to stick with work you really enjoy.

I'd also recommend the book The Career Guide for Creative and Unconventional People by Carol Eikleberry. What I learned from this one was that there are many different ways to earn a living doing things you like.
Elei
User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this also happens in the US, but in Spain lots of children get private classes after school to catch up with their school work or learning problems.

I suppose that after 20 years of homeschooling you must have quite some "teaching experience". You could put notes in the library or shops that you want to help children with difficulties at school or help them with their homework-

They come to your house and you charge them....

How about translating? Do you know any other languages?
Teaching any instrument?
take care of somebodies baby?

Hope this helps you out
Ele.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: