Share everyday things like field trips, homeschooling experiences, or just anything that doesn't seem to belong elsewhere!
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
Has anyone tried doing a fundraiser? I was looking around and was thinking it would be great to help pay for school books, fieldtrips, ect for my kids but I'm not sure if a single family can do it. Has anyone ever done it and how did it go? Thanks.
I have not done one yet, but I would recommend Reach for the Stars from Usborne Books. (I feel I must admit I am an Usborne consultant so I am biased...) If you can get a few other families to do it together it would be even better because you could encourage each other. But it is totally win-win. Your children read for 30 or minutes each day for two weeks. They get people to sponsor them in the read-a-thon. They get 70% of the money to invest in Usborne books (a total win for a homeschooling family) and you get the other 30% cash! Anyone who wants more information (I don't want to turn this into a huge advertisement...) please email me at email@example.com
betterley wrote:I went to the Usborne site and the program sounds good but it seems to be more for younger age children. My kids are 6th and 7th grade so I don't think this would help but thank you anyways.
Gosh we do this in public Middle schools all the time... I certainly would not see why you could not do it with a 6th or 7th grader. (I'll have to take a better look at what we publicize on our web site to see how they are gearing this...) We do have books on those levels as well. (We have a whole surviving middle school set...) but if you don't feel this would work with your specific children, obviously you know them better than me and I would never say anything is "one size fits all"
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests