Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Schedule Exercise

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Home Economics with Regina Hogsten
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Regina Hogsten

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: Schedule Exercise Reply with quote

When you make up your daily or weekly household and school schedule, consider making a time slot to exercise. If you think you can't then start out with just 10 minutes.
The house doesn't have to be straightened, but you will have to pick up laundry and toys off floor to make space to work out.
Sometimes, I operate better if something is happening while I exercise, like getting something done while doing something else. I load and start the dishwasher and add cloths to washer. Sometimes, I use chores as an excuse to delay.
Even when you only have 10 minutes, exercise for 10 minutes. Think how strong your abs would be if you worked them just 10 minutes a day vs never. Put in a tape or DVD.
When you are waiting for the microwave to countdown, do some squats or something else. When watching TV, sit on the floor to do stretching and toning during the commercials. Also, if you only have 10 minutes for cardio then get out and walk fast.
When I am really tired, I have to force myself to workout. The payoff is more energy.
Mathmom
User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Regina,
I have been doing 20 min. on our treadmill, 5 days/week. This is my 3rd week. I take it seriously now because I set the time aside each morning, and bought some workout clothes that I like. I take the weekends off.

If I can do it, anyone can. My 7 yr old loves to do a kid DVD workout too.
Regina Hogsten

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
That's great. I love the idea of the kid DVD. My sons, 14, 19, 25 will not use my exercise tapes cause the trainer is a woman -Denise Austin. They'd rather just watch. I need to find them a DVD with a guy trainer.

It always helps to develop a strategy to keep you going. What works for this season of your life, may have to be altered to fit another. This past fall, my husband added recessed cabinets into the bathroom wall which freed up some space. I store my exercise clothes in one of the drawers. I get up, wash, and then put on exercise garb. I'm ready.

When a friend calls, even if I've already used the bike earlier, I get back on for awhile. I can still manage to run my mouth while cycling and panting.
Mathmom
User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're a lot more active when it's nice outdoors. I'm glad my kids can run and play outside soon. We walk to the library and the park; we ride bikes as a family, too. Sometimes we walk at the forest preserve.
We do it as a family and it's much more fun than an exercise program. Very Happy
Regina Hogsten

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait to get outside to start planting and taking long walks. I haven't been to the state park in so long. I just might do that with my youngest.
momo3boys
User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regina Hogsten wrote:

When a friend calls, even if I've already used the bike earlier, I get back on for awhile. I can still manage to run my mouth while cycling and panting.

Thank you, I talk to my friends a lot and am usually followed by my three shadows, (now 4, we have a puppy) why not put technology to good use and use my cell phone, my husband has one of those ear things from an old job he doesn't use anymore, I can make my phone calls, exercise the dog and kids, and get my exercise too, that is what I call multitasking!! Laughing
Phi 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Home Economics with Regina Hogsten All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: