Pro-life vs Pro-choice

Anything having to do with religion or religious debate goes here.

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Lauzii09
User

Postby Lauzii09 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:01 pm

To post such a subject is bound to cause disagreements and such. I think it was rather silly to post such a subject. And anyway seeing as this was posted on religion.. what has religion got to do with home schooling? its a bit daft. I thought this was a home schooling site not a religious one :?

4given
User

Postby 4given » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:01 pm

Lauzii09 wrote:To post such a subject is bound to cause disagreements and such. I think it was rather silly to post such a subject. And anyway seeing as this was posted on religion.. what has religion got to do with home schooling? its a bit daft. I thought this was a home schooling site not a religious one :?

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but you may consider NOT entering the religious topics forum if you have such an issue with it. Because a subject may cause debate, does not make it silly. This forum is for religious discussions and DEBATE. And, some homeschoolers do religious studies as part of their curriculum. Hey... I went to a public university and took a course called, "Women and Religion." Would you like to inform them that it has nothing to do with a college education?

Lauzii09
User

Postby Lauzii09 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:24 am

I don't have an issue with there being a religious part on this site.. i meant is there really any need for there to be a subject posted on pro life or pro choice, If this is meant to be a home schooling site, what has that got to do with it? :?

4given
User

Postby 4given » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:43 am

Lauzii09 wrote:I don't have an issue with there being a religious part on this site.. i meant is there really any need for there to be a subject posted on pro life or pro choice, If this is meant to be a home schooling site, what has that got to do with it? :?

Someone felt the need to post it. And, many folks felt the need to post their opinions on it. So much so, that it has filled many pages.

The OP may have nothing to do with HSing, but it apparently has something to do with HSers.

So what's your REAL beef? Of all the supposed "off-topic" subjects in these forums... you took issue with this one?

Why do you feel the need to state that there is no need for this subject?

Lily
User

Postby Lily » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:58 am

Lauzii09 wrote:I don't have an issue with there being a religious part on this site.. i meant is there really any need for there to be a subject posted on pro life or pro choice, If this is meant to be a home schooling site, what has that got to do with it? :?

I was surprised to see this thread still kicking. Lauzii09, go back and read the first post. Notice that it was split off from another post because the conversation took a different turn. Notice, too, the date of almost 2 years ago. Then read your statements.

Your problem is what, exactly?
"The greatest sign of success for a teacher... is to be able to say, "The children are now working as if I did not exist."
- M. Montessori
Proud non-member of the HSLDA

Return to “Religious Discussion / Topics”