GA homeschooling convention question for all

Share everyday things like field trips, homeschooling experiences, or just anything that doesn't seem to belong elsewhere!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

mommyto2girls
User

GA homeschooling convention question for all

Postby mommyto2girls » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:47 pm

these are the speakers listed on the website...being a newbie I am not familiar with all the popular names...anyone know anything about any of these folks?
MIKE FARRIS, CAROL BARNIER
DEBBIE STRAYER, GARY DEMAR
DANA SPEARS, RICK & MARILYN BOYER
RUTH MARTIN, GREG & CONNIE BREZINA
MAGGIE HOGAN, STEPHEN GUFFANTI
JEANNIE FULBRIGHT, WOODY ROBERTSON
GLENN & MELANIE PAV, TYLER PEEK

want to plan out my weekend!

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:20 am

Mike Farris is the head of HSLDA. The others I'm not immediately familiar with.

Decrease
User

Postby Decrease » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:06 am

Rick and Marilyn Boyer are two wonderful people and personal friends. They have 14 children (one is now with the Lord) and homeschooled back in the dark days and have some great testimonies about having to have their kids hide from the social service people. I have spent much time with them and their kids have grown to be Godly and they have encouraged me greatly. This family is a display of God's glory.

I love them and their family. They were pioneers in an era needing many. I have never heard Rick or Marilyn speak but I have sat down for hours on their couch and took in everything I could so to learn as much as I could. Great wisdom and insight but done in humbleness.

Few others I have heard of like Farris, but I am a little partial to a family who impacted my family greatly.

mommyto2girls
User

Postby mommyto2girls » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:02 am

I browsed around their website some last night...they look like some I would love to hear speak! Thanks for passing along the info!

Return to “Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic”