Television

Share everyday things like field trips, homeschooling experiences, or just anything that doesn't seem to belong elsewhere!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Do you approve of a Christian having and watching TV?

Yes, I have one and use it judiciously
33%
No, I do not want one for Christian reasons
No votes
No, I don't want one because it interferes with education
67%

Total votes: 3

Love God
User

Television

Postby Love God » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:46 pm

Dear friends,
For many years, I've not had a television. I've made this restriction because of conservative Christian convictions. However, I do want to watch helpful, conservative videos--VHS and DVD. I refer to subjects such as apologetics, creation vs. evolution, evidences, and Bible teaching.

I've had an old monitor that was a high school discard in the mid 1990s, but this needs to be replaced. Does anyone know of a company or companies that produce non-television television sets? Or maybe I should be asking about monitors or screens or whatever--something that I can connect to a DVD player that will enable me to see these videos. Someone suggested just getting a regular TV, and not using it for TV, but only for viewing DVDs. No, I would rather avoid TV entirely.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Any company names or addresses or telephone numbers?

Thank you so much and God bless you,
Richard
Richard
Loving God in Christ

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:32 am

TV is switching to digital in a few months (hopefully), so just buy an older set that supports VHS and doesn't have a digital adapter. I personally just watch DVD's on my computer.

Return to “Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic”