Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do you believe most homeschoolers are sexually abstinent?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool vs Public School
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lansman
User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Do you believe most homeschoolers are sexually abstinent? Reply with quote

I am homeschooled and interested in finding a girlfriend and possibly wife. However I am a conservative Christian and not willing to settle for "second-best", so I am wondering whether home schooled youth are mostly abstinent, or at least significantly more so than public schooled youth.
Lily
User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you shouldn't generalize. People are people regardless of their academic career and I don't see what their school has to do with their sex life.

If you're a conservative Christian I would suggest finding someone with the same values instead of generalizing the entire homeschool community in hopes to narrow your search for you.
Lansman
User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you please answer my question?
bruisin
User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first of all, you must find someone that is equally yolked. If you do, there will be no problems.

It should be pure with you both until you are wed. If you aren't pure, it isn't fair to expect to complain about 'second best' when it comes to your future bride.

I am thankful that my husband didn't adhere to this rule, I had already been married (and I wasn't saved then), God brought us together & I can tell you first hand that you WANT...NEED someone to be equally yolked.

secondly, I believe this is something you should talk with you Pastor, or someone you trust in your family. This is really not the kind of subject matter that should be discussed with practical strangers, imo.

finally, please search in your heart & see why you truly posted this message. Was it to shock? Was it to embarrass others here? Was it a real question in your heart?

I pray that it was the last reason. and you are reaching out to us because you aren't sure what you should do, or ask.

I ask you that you consider approaching your Pastor, your Dad, your Sunday School teacher, or a trusted adult. MALE. No need to approach other ladies and make them feel uncomfortable with such a delicate subject.

jmho.
Lily
User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lansman wrote:

Where would you expect I get these statistics on homeschoolers, considering it's impossible to even know how many there are?
Lansman
User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruisin wrote:
first of all, you must find someone that is equally yolked. If you do, there will be no problems.

It should be pure with you both until you are wed. If you aren't pure, it isn't fair to expect to complain about 'second best' when it comes to your future bride.

I am thankful that my husband didn't adhere to this rule, I had already been married (and I wasn't saved then), God brought us together & I can tell you first hand that you WANT...NEED someone to be equally yolked.

secondly, I believe this is something you should talk with you Pastor, or someone you trust in your family. This is really not the kind of subject matter that should be discussed with practical strangers, imo.

finally, please search in your heart & see why you truly posted this message. Was it to shock? Was it to embarrass others here? Was it a real question in your heart?

I pray that it was the last reason. and you are reaching out to us because you aren't sure what you should do, or ask.

I ask you that you consider approaching your Pastor, your Dad, your Sunday School teacher, or a trusted adult. MALE. No need to approach other ladies and make them feel uncomfortable with such a delicate subject.

jmho.

Hey, I desperately needed help, and I just figured that this was a forum about helping people with their problems.
seekingmyLord
User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lansman wrote:

Hey, I desperately needed help, and I just figured that this was a forum about helping people with their problems.

Desperately needed help?

As a parent of a daughter, your posts are just plain scary. As a Christian, I cannot imagine anyone desperately needing help to find a mate, which I believe that the Lord will have already prepared for you IF that is His plan for your life and you wait on Him. To post such a question with the intentions you have described, you must lack faith in the Lord or you don't want to wait for His choice. Either way, it seems to me that you are not desperate to surrender this aspect of your life to the Lord and so you most likely will end up with "second-best" because you are "second-best" in your faith.
Theodore

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is more a question of religion / morals than homeschooling / public schooling. Given, homeschoolers tend to be more conservative and religious, while public schoolers tend to be more liberal, but you're not necessarily going to be successful trying to correlate homeschooling to abstinence.
bruisin
User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amen on all accounts.

Lansman, no where on these pages have I found that you could get this 'kind' of help. I don't understand what confused you into thinking so.

Logically, someones morals depend on THEM and their walk with Christ. Not just their enviroment, not just their parents....but THEM.

asking a vague question like you have is whitewashing the whole entire situation & doing a real disservice to homeschooled children & children in public schools alike.

if you still need 'help' please talk to someone in your life that you trust. It is a better 'face to face' discussion anyway. I would never have this open type of question for all the world to see. I know you are probably very young & learning as you go.....but this kind of subject is very delicate in nature & totally off topic for a homeschool forum, if you ask me.

God bless you.
elliemaejune
User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lansman wrote:

How do you suppose that we would we know this?
momom
User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: Do you believe most homeschoolers are sexually abstinent Reply with quote

Lansman wrote:
I am homeschooled and interested in finding a girlfriend and possibly wife. However I am a conservative Christian and not willing to settle for "second-best", so I am wondering whether home schooled youth are mostly abstinent, or at least significantly more so than public schooled youth.

How about you go ask your parents what the best way is to go about finding the kind of wife you want?
Mathmom
User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:48 pm    Post subject: Life Prep for homeschooled Teens Reply with quote

Dear Lansman,
Here is something I found that I am going to get and use with my children.

I think you should get this e-book, from Barbara Frank(a Christian homeschool mom, writer and speaker), at Cardamom Publishers, called, "Life Prep for Homeschooled Teenagers" because it will help you DO something to prepare for marriage, among other things you need to know. www.cardamompublishers.com
Please ask your parents for help with this topic. Hope this helps you.
And, no, I won't just answer your question. You'll have to answer it yourself. Surprised
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool vs Public School All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: