Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GA homeschooling convention question for all

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mommyto2girls
User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: GA homeschooling convention question for all Reply with quote

these are the speakers listed on the website...being a newbie I am not familiar with all the popular names...anyone know anything about any of these folks?
MIKE FARRIS, CAROL BARNIER
DEBBIE STRAYER, GARY DEMAR
DANA SPEARS, RICK & MARILYN BOYER
RUTH MARTIN, GREG & CONNIE BREZINA
MAGGIE HOGAN, STEPHEN GUFFANTI
JEANNIE FULBRIGHT, WOODY ROBERTSON
GLENN & MELANIE PAV, TYLER PEEK

want to plan out my weekend!
Theodore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Farris is the head of HSLDA. The others I'm not immediately familiar with.
Decrease
User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick and Marilyn Boyer are two wonderful people and personal friends. They have 14 children (one is now with the Lord) and homeschooled back in the dark days and have some great testimonies about having to have their kids hide from the social service people. I have spent much time with them and their kids have grown to be Godly and they have encouraged me greatly. This family is a display of God's glory.

I love them and their family. They were pioneers in an era needing many. I have never heard Rick or Marilyn speak but I have sat down for hours on their couch and took in everything I could so to learn as much as I could. Great wisdom and insight but done in humbleness.

Few others I have heard of like Farris, but I am a little partial to a family who impacted my family greatly.
mommyto2girls
User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I browsed around their website some last night...they look like some I would love to hear speak! Thanks for passing along the info!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: