Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Biking Homeschooling Family checking in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Guestbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nancy sv
User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Biking Homeschooling Family checking in! Reply with quote

Hi everyone! I'm looking forward to browsing around here and learning from you.

I am not homeschooling right now, but will be going back to it next year. We did homeschool our twin boys last year as we rode our bikes 9300 miles around the USA and Mexico, but we were very laid back about it all. This year I am back to teaching high school again, but we will be taking off again in June to ride from Alaska to Argentina - and will be homeschooling our boys along the way.

Both my husband and I are long-time teachers, so we aren't all that concerned about the educational side of things in that respect. However, we will be traveling around on our bikes, which will mean very limited space for materials. We will have notebooks for journals and will try to have novels with us at all times. I've picked up a few math workbooks that we will carry as well. Other than that, we will need to find things along the way.

On our last trip I didn't really worry about the schooling so much - my boys were in third grade, so it was't that big of a deal. For this next trip, though, they will be in 5th, 6th, and 7th - that's a lot of time and their lessons need to get more specific so I'm putting a bit more thought into it this time around.

Anyway, I'm hoping I can learn some tips from those of you who are doing this all the time!!
gellegbs
User

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome
Just a thought, maybe a laptop can be a good way to replace papers. You can get e-books and math worksheets online. I think one is called "The Math Worksheet Site". I just know this because I'm doing lots of research on curricula before really deciding what to do and if to homeschool my other 3. Good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Guestbook All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: