Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Homeschool In Florida Need Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Law
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think i should be homeschooled
yes
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
no
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

ahalleran
User

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Homeschool In Florida Need Help Reply with quote

ty

Last edited by ahalleran on Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Theodore

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was another long thread on this subject. The bottom line is that you have to be schooled, but the state can't dictate how, so you should be able to homeschool even if you've officially been declared truant. I'm hoping that isn't the case, though, it will make things much less confusing.

Practically speaking, private schools don't like to advertise that they're failing on / losing students, so they're less likely to give you trouble about leaving at this point than a public school would.
seekingmyLord
User

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate your desire, but I am not going to vote in your poll. My reason is simple: This is not your decision to make; it's your parents' decision because your education is their responsibility. As a parent, I would rather my child talk to me about homeschooling, because creating a poll on a forum where most of the members are obviously biased towards homeschooling would not really influence my decision one way or the other.

As for your absences, did your parents know you were absent from school? Did they know where you where? That would factor in my decision as a parent about whether you would be trustworthy enough to be self-directed with your lessons. You really need to sit down and have a honest two(three)-way conversation with your parents.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Law All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: