Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How many kids are you/ did you have and why?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miguelsmommy
User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have one son, By choice, chance and health reasons.

We had decided that we were only going to have one, two at the most kids. We start TTC at 18 because of my medical history it wasn't sure I'd ever be able to get pregnant. Two month later the hormones were to much for me. That definitely turned the decision to this would be the one and only. I was lucky to get pregnant when I did because mental illness hits my family shortly after 18. Meaning I would not have had any children if I did not get pregnant when I did. In the end I developed pre-clamcia, and PPD to top everything.

So how'd we become homeschoolers (We never though we would) - We were dealing with my SIL state test our placement tests and not happy with the education standard. Me "dropping out" of high school to attend college and my husband "skipping" school to read at the library we started to really wonder what did we learn in school.

My school did not know I could read or do math until I past the college entrance exam. His school lost him for years and kept passing him eventually graduating him. He completely did not attend 5th or 9th grade. I started reading about homeschooling. Then we started reading about homeschooling and socialization.

Now we joke how we should have been having a discussion on putting him in school it should have been a no-brainier for us to keep him out.
jan
User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have 2 children 1 ds 11 yrs, 1 dd 10 yrs, neither planned both wanted. Would love to have more atleast 2 more because of the age difference with the other 2. Or more if possible!
douglisa
User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one son, we want more but I have polycystic ovarian syndrome.
We also have 2 fur babies, a sheltie and a yellow lab.
Someday when the house is done being renovated we plan on fostering.
I think if they took a look at the house with some walls missing or peeling they would say that the house is not good enough. We bought this old house at a steal $52,000! We have 4 beds, two baths, large kitchen, dining room, family room, laundry room and attached garage with a large yard. I love old houses and some day it will be our dream home. Wink
Glottis
User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

momo3boys wrote:
I have a friend expecting #12. They are a one income family homeschooling them all! The mom said that they just take what God gives them. SHe also said that when she gets older she can visit them each for a month and have the whole year covered! Very Happy

wow, that's a lot of kids... seems like God loves their family so much He kept giving and giving and giving...... Very Happy
macro_grp02
User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:24 am    Post subject: 7 Kids Reply with quote

My parents have seven kids. Whew. I have 2 older brothers, 2 younger sisters and 2 younger brothers. My eldest brother is 40 and the youngest is only 15. That makes it a 25 year difference. He's old enough to be his dad. Very Happy
Glottis
User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: 7 Kids Reply with quote

macro_grp02 wrote:
My parents have seven kids. Whew. I have 2 older brothers, 2 younger sisters and 2 younger brothers. My eldest brother is 40 and the youngest is only 15. That makes it a 25 year difference. He's old enough to be his dad. Very Happy

my uncle's wife, 66 yrs old, is the youngest of quite a big family as well... the eldest is currently 90 yrs old, about the same age as my grandmother.. Smile
TandLMommy28
User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two kids. My daughter is 4.5 and my son is 2. We are probably done having children although that door is not completely shut (although my husband wishes it were!). We haven't done anything permanent yet. We got married straight out of college and our daughter came before we'd been married 2 years -- I'm only 28 and not ready to make a permanent decision just yet!

However, I had miserable, terrible, awful pregnancies so I don't know if we'll be having any more children. I don't know if my body can do it again and I'm so sick during pregnancy that it wouldn't be very fair to the kids I have... but it breaks my heart because I always wanted either an only child or four kids.

But sometimes I think that two kids better suits me. I'm a perfectionist and I'm so hard on myself as it is and end each day wondering if I did enough, spent enough one on one time with them, taught them something new, set a good enough example... Maybe more kids would make me crazy! Smile
JerbysMom
User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just have one, a 6 year old boy. I actually hadn't intended to have any kids. As bad as it sounds, I'm not one of those people that goes nuts for kids, they kind of get on my nerves for the most part. LOL But then I got pregnant (we weren't trying to have kids, but we weren't trying NOT to either) and we have a funny, cute, talented little guy. If all goes as planned he'll be the only one. I feel like I'll do a better job of raising him if I can concentrate on just one. Any more kids and I think my husband would come home one day to find me with my head in the oven!
ncmom
User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ncmom wrote:
We have 3...a son 13, a daughter 9, and our third is a boy who just got here a week ago. We just take what we get. We really didn't think we would have anymore after #2 so #3 was a complete surprise. Now we are thinking maybe one more so he will have a sibling close to his age. We both have several siblings so a big family was what we wanted. I would love to have 7 or 8 but don't want to be having kids back to back and want to be done by the time I hit forty too. Granted that still gives me a long time to but I like at least 2 years between each one and that would be pushing the forty thing.

OK I have to amend this now...we are expecting number 4, another boy, in about 2 months. Another surprise, but that is OK the more the merrier at my house. So now we have ages 15, 11, 2, and soon to be infant. What a spread! These little surprises just make my life more interesting. Very Happy
josh_chs
User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife and I have a one year old daughter. We hope to have more, Lord willing. Maybe 4 or 5? Smile Smile
KeriMomof2
User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have 2 children Very Happy A daughter 8 and a son 3.....
I use to think i would have a big family maybe 4 or 5 kids....but life changes things for you..my dh is recently disabled and even if we could physically have more children we could not finacially..plus i almost died having my son naturally (10 lbs 6 oz) almost bled out froma vag birth ..and my dh is worried that this could happen again...So obviously if it ever happened again we would celebrate and embrace any children.....But we would not plan another one unless my dh recovered,...we planed both children took 8 months to conceiive dd and 6 months for ds

btw husband parents had 5 kids together and my mom had 2 and my dad had 5 kids Cool

Dee_N
User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: 3 Reply with quote

We had 3, would have had many more if health issues hadn't come up.
and 2 babies in heaven
joann46
User

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Older post but I will add my two cents.I have four sons.I didnt choose to have sons but I love it.
I actually wanted just two and did want boys. Both were planned, third was a surprise baby and since I always wanted a big family we decided whats one more.Anyway I love all my boys and wouldnt have it any other way..Now I cant wait for Grandkids.
dkocur
User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have 3 girls that are evenly spaced at just under 2 1/2 years apart. Didn't plan it that way (the 3rd was a complete surprise Surprised), that's just how it worked out.
Kalani
User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two kids, Ellie (Eleanore) my oldest is 7 and my youngest Izzie (Isabella) is 5. I had a difficult pregnancy with my 2nd so we are not having more kids.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: