Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How many kids are you/ did you have and why?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bubbaansissy
User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have 2 children (boy 5 & girl 3). Didn't plan on having either of them @ the time, but definitely know we were blessed. Wasn't planning on homeschooling, either, but my mom told me i should & that i would be good @ it. i just passed it off as mom talking crazy. then she passed away quite suddenly & unexpected (melanoma) when my daughter was only 2 months old. ha, look at me now. i'm homeschooling my 5 year old; my husband, kids & i couldn't be happier. thanks mom!
sunnie_skys
User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have 2 and thats enough for me! Hubby is an only child and said we are having 2. So 2 he did receive and now I am done. One to replace me and one to replace him. Emory is 8.5 and Eyleanna ( I LEE ANNA) is 15mo.
bubbaansissy
User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't know, but sometimes you feel in the minority in the homeschool world if you don't have 3 or more kids.
4given
User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm. Not sure where you're from but I've run into many HS families with only one or two kids. I have 4 and I sometimes feel like the crazy one. Families with 1 or 2 seem to be able to lavish much more attention and energy into the ones they have. Be encouraged that if nothing else, you have homeschooling in common with other families. Smile
bubbaansissy
User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey 4given, after having my 2 kids, i was certain i did not want anymore b/c things were tough for awhile w/ my daughter (colic). after that rough period was over, i definitely wanted one more, but we didn't (hubby fixed) and we won't. so, kudos to those that were blessed w/ many. i'm right where God wants me to be w/ my wonderful 2. i could not have prayed for anything better. my kids are WONDERFUL. my 5 year old son makes homeschooling easy. i was just telling my hubby yesterday that my son makes me look good. he is such an eager beaver.
Ophelia
User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have three children; a 6 year old boy, a 5 year old girl, and a 6 month old boy.

Our most recent child was a bit of a "surprise" but we had always said we wanted 4. We would have liked to have another child close in age to the baby, but, given our ages (35 and 42) we have decided we are done.

I also figure that I was blessed with three easy pregnancies and deliveries and should stop while I'm ahead.

I do so love having a baby in the house though. And our 6 month old is such an angel he's enough to make anyone want to have a baby.
seekingmyLord
User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4given wrote:
Hmmm. Not sure where you're from but I've run into many HS families with only one or two kids. I have 4 and I sometimes feel like the crazy one. Families with 1 or 2 seem to be able to lavish much more attention and energy into the ones they have. Be encouraged that if nothing else, you have homeschooling in common with other families. Smile

I would say that I know more families with three or less, but after having a rare conversation with one homeschooling parent in my neighborhood (I never see her) with eight children, I believe that this may be because the ones with more children simply don't have the time beyond the relationships outside the ones they already have and just running their households.

Just a thought....
jan
User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject: I have 2 currently... Reply with quote

My husband and I have 2 blessings. One son 11 yrs and one daughter.
10 yrs. We want to have more. I would like to have atleast 2 more , because of the age differences there would be between our 1st two children and any other children that we have. I don't want to have a 3rd only child. My 2 children are only 14 months apart and even though it was tough when they were small, they have always been close and have always had each other as playmates and friends.
zomiglady
User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technically I have 5 -- I have a 4 DD, almost 2 DS (his birthday is St. Patrick's Day), and I am due in July. There were two between DD and DS that did not make it and I consider them my little blessings as well! When DH and I got married I never planned to stay at home with the kids let alone HS. But, I am very blessed that my eyes were opened to staying home and taking care of these beautiful little blessings. I would like to have 4 living children (maybe 5 -- any more than that and I will need a new van LOL!) but we are taking them one at a time and praying God will guide us in what is best for us.
Hope
User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: Our family Reply with quote

We have 4 children. Our oldest is 27 and is married with two small boys of her own. We have a 16 yr old, a 13 yr old and an eight year old.

Very busy!
SophieCassidy
User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have five children - seven year old twin boys (Ollie & Nick), four year old Ophelia, and Angel & Jake who are fourteen months.

I've always wanted a big family, with lots of children close in age, so having two sets of twins was really lucky Very Happy I most definitely wasn't expecting it though!

When I was 24, we started trying for a child and really quickly I became pregnant with Ollie & Nick. They were such a handful that we didn't think about any more for a while, and even three years later Ophelia was an unexpected, but wonderful suprise. When Ollie and Nick were a little older and we were more financially stable we tried again, and lo and behold we got twins again. But we wouldn't trade them for the world.

It's wonderful having twins, I think, especially in homeschooling, as it adds competition and the social aspect, whilst still having complete individuals. But Ophelia is lovely too, and it's great having a mixture of different ages.

So, yeah. Sorry about the essay Razz

Sophie
StellarStory
User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a wonderful family!
abjennings
User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DH and I have been married for almost 17 years and it took us 3 years to conceive DS, who will be 10 in 2 weeks. And then, lo and behold, I found out I was PG in June 2006 and we now have a DD who is 14 months old. DH is 49 years old and will never be able to retire Surprised Surprised But we are so blessed!!
Miss_Kristy
User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My husband and I have 3 - a 9 year old boy, 7 year old girl and a 2 year old boy.

DH and I have been together for 10 years ( since I was 17 and he was 24 ) and we started a family right away. After having the first 2 kids 14 months apart, we decided to take a brake. LOL A few years later when 1 and 2 were ready to go to school I wanted another.

Number 3 will be our last, though. The pregnancy was so hard on me. I gained 60 pounds, my blood pressure was crazy and so was my blood sugar. 2 years later and my body is still not right! Sad But I do understand how very blessed we are to be able to have children.

And now that I'm homeschooling them, I don't feel that empty nest feeling anymore !!! Very Happy
happy2bhome
User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have 9 children. My oldest is 15 and my youngest is 6 weeks old.
We heard a sermon from Charity Ministries that convinced us that children were a blessing, a gift from God and it was a bad idea to turn down blessings!
I had a miscarriage after my first baby. I was worried about having that baby because they would be 18 months old and I didn't know if I could handle it. When I lost that baby, we decided that we would just take what God gives us and let Him handle the timing and the other details. He hasn't failed us yet!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: