Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How many kids are you/ did you have and why?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FarrahFace
User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I have one son.. I was 28 when I was finally blessed with my only living child.. many miscarrages before and one after my son.. He is 11y. His father,"my husband" died of cancer when my son was only 5y.. We all have to play the cards we are dealt.. And I always wear my poker face Razz ... Would have liked to have a little girl,but thats not in my cards.. lol Perfectly happy being the mother of one...
ncmom
User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have 3...a son 13, a daughter 9, and our third is a boy who just got here a week ago. We just take what we get. We really didn't think we would have anymore after #2 so #3 was a complete surprise. Now we are thinking maybe one more so he will have a sibling close to his age. We both have several siblings so a big family was what we wanted. I would love to have 7 or 8 but don't want to be having kids back to back and want to be done by the time I hit forty too. Granted that still gives me a long time to but I like at least 2 years between each one and that would be pushing the forty thing.
StellarStory
User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stories about why and how many kids you all have are great!

Thanks for sharing.
Ramona
User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: New baby? Reply with quote

ncmom wrote:
our third is a boy who just got here a week ago.

Congratulations!

Enjoy!
StellarStory
User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FarrahFace wrote:
Hi, I have one son.. I was 28 when I was finally blessed with my only living child.. many miscarrages before and one after my son.. He is 11y. His father,"my husband" died of cancer when my son was only 5y.. We all have to play the cards we are dealt.. And I always wear my poker face Razz ... Would have liked to have a little girl,but thats not in my cards.. lol Perfectly happy being the mother of one...

I'm sorry for your loss.

I'm glad you've made peace and are happy with being the mother of one.
milehimom
User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This turned out to be fun and interesting to read everyone's stories...

We have been blessed with three children. We planned all three - as much as one can plan these things. My husband calls me Fertile Myrtle.We dated for 5 years and married at 30 and were so ready to start our family and 'catch up ' with our siblings' families. I was pregnant within our first 6 weeks of marriage. By our first anniversary God blessed us with our first child!

When she was 9 months old, we decided to start 'trying' for a second. I was pregnant that month! When the second was 12 months old, I quit nursing him so we could 'start' trying for the next one, I was pregnant the next month!

Three kids in three years, the first two 18 months apart, the 2nd two 21 months apart. When the third was born, I had a 21 month old and a brand new three year old! It was hard work at first, but now that we are well past the toddler phase we are so LOVING having them close and so thankful that we were able to conceive when we did. They are now 7.5, 9, and 10.5. Their interests and abilities are so similar that it makes family activities easy to plan and really enjoyable for everyone! My husband and I feel like we are right now IN THE PRIME OF LIFE!

I'm impressed with all of you who handle more than three. I KNEW I was done with three, I just didn't think I could handle pregnancy again - not a big fan of the pregnancy part! Many days I feel that three is all I can handle! I do live in fear of a 'surprise' since my husband has not done anything permanent to take care of surprises. Really, I think I'd flip out if I got pregnant now, but I think I'd also be thrilled too. Children are such a gift!!!
Theodore

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first two or three are the hardest, after that the oldest start being able to help out Smile
Miyu
User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one child. It wasn't by choice, though, as I would have liked to have more. It's just the way things worked out.
bittersweet
User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have 2 boys so far. My older ds will be 5 next week, and my baby is 19 months.
If it were solely up to me, we'd have a houseful. Right now our plan is to wait a few yrs, get our finances stable, and then have one or 2 more. We are also open to adoption of older foster children if we are still not satisfied when our babies are big.
Sandy
User

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have 2 girls, who turned 3 and 1 last July. Next July, we are getting our third little one. I'm sort of from the camp of "No Contraception." I guess after being on the pill for the first 10 years of our marriage, then finding the Lord, I felt convicted about giving Him control over this. He's being very generous with us. Right now I'm in the first trimester, so I'm exhausted, chasing after my girls. I can't say I'm thrilled with it. But it'll be wonderful having them close in age as they grow up. And my oldest is excited to have many bro's and sis' to play ring-around-the-rosie with Laughing
WWMama
User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is fun to read!

We have two. First was "tried for quite awhile to get pregnant and finally did"...second was a nursing surprise. So I have two awesome boys, now almost 4 and 5. I would have more but my husband isn't so sure, especially with "where we are" right now. I figure it will work itself out and I'll be happy with whatever that is.
StellarStory
User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if there is anyone with over four kids that isn't just leaving it up to God but is having that many kids for other reasons?

It is fun to read! Thanks to all who have contributed their stories.
FCMomofaBunch
User

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was fun reading everyone's responses. Thanks for sharing.

Quick answer - 2 with #3 on the way. Our story:

My DH and I got married when I was 30 and I felt the bio clock ticking. He is 2 years younger, so he wasn't so concerned. After being married 3 years and 3 days, our dd Anna was born. She is now 30 months
(or 2 1/2 years) old. We had been trying for about a year to get pregnant with her, so we started trying again when she was 6 months old. We got pregnant around her first birthday (I was exhausted!) and had ds Gabriel 9 months later. He is now 9 1/2 months old. Now here's the funny part - since we weren't having any luck getting pregnant right away, we didn't think the third time around would be so easy. Whoops! Now I am pregnant with #3! So, buy April of 2008, I will have THREE UNDER THREE! We talk about having more (that's why I'm mom of a bunch, who knows how many we'll have!). When I was pregnant with #1, I thought we wanted 5, but now I'm starting to think 3 or 4 is fine.

I wanted more than 2 kids, because I only have one sibling and we don't get along. I wanted more for my children. I want them to have siblings and all get along. The best thing about having my children, I love to challenge myself by putting my 2 dc on my lap, on either side of my pregnant belly, and give them great big hugs. It's the best feeling in the world, to hold your children close.

Andrea
Mom of Anna (2 1/2 years)
Gabriel (9 1/2 months)
Baby #3 due in April 2008
StellarStory
User

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is turning into a pretty cool thread!
gellegbs
User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 4 children. Two boys, 6 and 7 and two girls 3.5 and 15 mo. I wanted 5, maybe I will if I meet the right guy. My children's father is no longer with us, so kinda hard to have 5.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: