Best presidential candidate for homeschoolers?

Share everyday things like field trips, homeschooling experiences, or just anything that doesn't seem to belong elsewhere!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Best Presidential Candidate For Homeschoolers?

Ron Paul
48%
Mike Huckabee
36%
Fred Thompson
8%
Rudy Giuliani
No votes
John McCain
4%
Mitt Romney
4%

Total votes: 25

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:23 pm

I don't really like the lineup this year, and can't honestly say I care much which of them wins, so I voted for Ron Paul. Might as well vote for the only truly good candidate, even if he's not going to win the primary.

My predictions-

Obama over Clinton by a few points.
Romney over McCain by a few points, Huckabee trailing by 10, Ron Paul with maybe 5-10.

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:11 am

Well, in Missouri at least, Obama is leading Clinton by 1.2%. McCain won with 33% to Huckabee's 31.5% to Romney's 29.3%, however, with Ron Paul running 4.5%. Overall, looks like around 800K people voted Democrat, vs 600K p eople voting Republican, but no way to tell if that's because there are more Democrats now, or because a bunch of Republicans voted Democrat so they could deny the nomination to Hillary (which I know at least some did).

Turnout overall was extremely high, 1,414,983 vs 543,392 for the last primary and 745,754 for the one before that. There's only like 4.43 million adults in the entire state, so around a third of the population showed up for the primary.

Return to “Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic”