New To HS- Three students with all special needs

Are you homeschool a special needs child? Are you personally physically challenged? Here is the place to share your questions, tips, and experiences.

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

smonk2325
User

New To HS- Three students with all special needs

Postby smonk2325 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:27 pm

I am thrilled to have found this site. First, let me start by telling you my situation. I am a certified elementary teacher, with three years experience in the public school. I have decided to take a "year off", this fall for different reasons.

I recently have been offered a job to HS three kids with special needs. One boy (13) is autistic, another boy (13) has mosiac DS, and lastly (9yr) is dyslexic. My nephew was just diagnosed with autisim, so I thought this would be a rewarding/ yet neat expererience.

The families I am working with are great, they have set up a room for me, have bought desk, etc. I am going to be starting next week. Obvioulsy, they are all at different levels.

I have an idea what I'm going to do, but just wanted to seek out advice from "VETERAN" HSchoolers. I am really excited, yet scared all at the same time. I have friends that are SP. teachers and they are helping, and I have had SP needs kids in my room before... but this is all a different thing for me... thanks in advance

Return to “Special Needs Homeschooling”