Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Perfect Biology/Chemistry Textbook

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Science
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morgan
User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Perfect Biology/Chemistry Textbook Reply with quote

Good textbook suggestions for 8th-9th grade kids starting to take Biology and Chemistry classes: Biology DeMistified and Chemistry DeMistified are perfect for upper middle school/early high school students looking for something that teaches the subject well and comes with chapter-ending 10-question quizzes, Part tests, and a final exam at the end. Complete with back-of-the-book answers so homeschooling parents require no research or online searching to grade their children's work. You can find these books on Amazon or eBay for a fair price, and I recommend them for students who have already completed a Life Science class and a Physical Science class for best results.
phiferan
User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where do you order these texts? Is there a web site?
Theodore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As she said, eBay and Amazon. You can probably also get them from other sources, but I personally prefer to buy used textbooks whenever possible so I don't have to pay full price.
phiferan
User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Sorry, not used to using EBay. I tried the search engine on Amazon to look for the Biology text and it did not match any of their products.
StellarStory
User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's probably because the titles are misspelled.

Biology Demystified and Chemistry Demystified is how they should be spelled. You should be able to find them at any major book store such as Bookamillion or Barnes and Noble as well as Amazon.
phiferan
User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I just copied into the search engine what the earlier message said and it was indeed misspelled. Thanks for the correction and I found the book on Amazon and directly at the McGraw-Hill Professional site as well, http://www.mhprofessional.com/category/?cat=1 Thanks again and God Bless.
StellarStory
User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad I could help.

*smile*

Please, let us know what you think of the books overall. I saw some mixed reviews. I'm curious.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Science All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: