Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What to do when moving to another state?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Law
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ncmom
User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't worry to much about it. I would simply tell the school that you are moving to KCMO and your son will not be attending school in TN. If they are willing to give you a copy of your sons records then I would definitely get them. I wouldn't send him to school this year in TN at all, unless it is going to be after the 1st semester (around Christmas) before you are moving. If you are moving soon it seems to me that it would be silly to send him so he can get comfy and make friends just to have to leave a few weeks later. They don't have to know that you haven't moved yet. Before we HS our children they were in PS too and we moved from IL to NC. We moved after school had started so we just told the school we were moving and they gave us what we needed to pass on to the schools here. We didn't send them to school when it started though and we never told the school when exactly we were moving. With everything going on at the beginning of the year my kids were the least of their worries. We moved in Oct while school starts in Aug. so they just had an extra long vacation that year. But that is just what I would do. If you are really concerned talk to other schools that your son doesn't attend and ask them what needs to be done. Be vague with them and tell them you just would like some info. You could also talk to some different teachers in the district. Sometimes the office personnel don't know what they are talking about. You could also check I am sure there is a loop hole somewhere for people who are moving in or out of the state regarding school registrations, and if the school is going to lose money they aren't going to volunteer that info to you. Hope it all works out for you.
Rhodes Family
User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ncmom wrote:
I wouldn't worry to much about it.

They don't have to know that you haven't moved yet. Before we HS our children they were in PS too and we moved from IL to NC. We moved after school had started so we just told the school we were moving and they gave us what we needed to pass on to the schools here. We didn't send them to school when it started though and we never told the school when exactly we were moving. With everything going on at the beginning of the year my kids were the least of their worries. We moved in Oct while school starts in Aug. so they just had an extra long vacation that year. But that is just what I would do.

Hope it all works out for you.

Thanks for sharing that with me Smile I can breathe now. Guess I'm just nervous that the school police will come after us if someone found out DS was not in school when it sarted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Law All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: