Moving and registering

Find or post information on the legal aspects of homeschooling in your state.

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Dolly-VA
User

Moving and registering

Postby Dolly-VA » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:24 am

Right now I'm in the process of selling my home in VA. My husband will be temporarily renting a place for himself in FL beginning August (until the house is sold, so we will have a residence with an address there.) We know what county in FL we'll be moving to. Would it be best to register my kids for homeschooling in FL considering them "temporarily living in VA," or should I just go ahead and register them here in VA again when I send in their test results and go through the process to withdraw from here when we move and enroll them there when we get there?

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:26 pm

You should be registered to homeschool wherever you're living. If you have addresses both places, pick the one that you're actually living at, otherwise pick the state your official address is in.

Dolly-VA
User

Postby Dolly-VA » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:52 pm

If that's the case then I should register here in VA. It's where we are and have been and will be until the house sells. I guess I was just hoping for the easy effort choice being just as good (though I can see why it wouldn't be. Bummer.) Thank you!

Return to “Homeschool Law”