Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Whoops! Help on record keeping please!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Recordkeeping / Portfolios
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheUrbanWriter
User

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 2:18 am    Post subject: Whoops! Help on record keeping please! Reply with quote

I've just realized this serious-like problem. I've been homeschooled for over 8 years now and my parents haven't kept a record of anything (not of my work, my junk, or whatever my brain spat out in form of words). Is this serious? I'm pretty close to 18 and I'm worried that, without a record of everything I've done, the college I want to go to (Georgia State University) won't accept me. Help!
elliemaejune
User

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will need a transcript. You may or may not need course descriptions.

An unschooling friend's children managed to put together their own transcripts and they have been accepted at colleges and seminaries. Although it may strain your creativity, I'm sure you can do it, too. Very Happy
Caretaker of 2 dear kitties, 1 French bulldog, 1 dachsund, and 3 budgies
TheUrbanWriter
User

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!!! Very Happy
homeschoolpop
User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:53 pm    Post subject: Homeschool Record Keeping Reply with quote

When did you start being Homeschooled? I can only speak from our experience but just to give you an idea and/or suggestion...School of Tomorrow carries a Homeschooling Record Keeper. Contained within this H. R. K. Kit is an Academic Record/Permanent Record. If you were withdrawn from a School you /your Parents should have gotten this from that School. If you spent your entire School Career in Homeschooling I suppose that would depend on your State's Law regarding the Record Keeping is what or how much information you'd need and/or have. But as far as College you will need to ask of the School what their requirements are. But purely as a suggestion maybe purchasing a (one) Homeschooling Record Keeping Kit from School of Tomorrow would/could give you that burst of inspiration to create a list of Subjects as well as Attendance Record, and Permanent Record-depending on the requirements of your desired School.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Recordkeeping / Portfolios All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: