Many Religions

Anything having to do with religion or religious debate goes here.

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Double-A
User

Many Religions

Postby Double-A » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:05 am

I want to incorporate some religious/spiritual learning next year but in such a way that exposes my boys to all the different ones from the different cultures. I'm pretty confident on the 'when to introduce it' part by incorporating the area's religion(s) based on what geographical section we happen to be interested in at the time but I guess I'm more concerned with the "how" of it all.

I'm looking for websites or books that can help break down the various religious texts (the bible, koran, etc) into easy to understand sections. Hmm, I'm not sure if I'm saying what I mean...

I've read parts of the bible, and they can get confusing..even for an adult. Some of the lessons are just too abstract to catch onto without having gone to seminary (for those of us who didn't have the religious upbringing). I used to have a book of bible passages that were grouped into categories so you could just look up the section you needed and find relevant bible passages.

Is there something like that for kids, and maybe a site that explains Buddhism or the other religions at a level for older kids to understand?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Never get tired of doing little things for others. Sometimes those things occupy the biggest part of their heart.

http://doubleand.blogspot.com/

Return to “Religious Discussion / Topics”