Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

testing/Pennsylvania

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Law
View previous topic :: View next topic  
micheller79
User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: testing/Pennsylvania Reply with quote

My daughter is 10 and in the fourth grade. I am in Pennsylvania. I read the testing is a requirement for 3, 5, and 7 grade. Last year I asked the assistant super. if she needed to be tested (PSSA) and she said no. Will i be in trouble for not testing on my own? I am not sure about this. Next year will I be responsible for testing and if so, how do I go about this?
Theodore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you didn't get it in writing, they could theoretically make trouble for you, but 3rd grade is past and it's too late to do anything about it. I wouldn't worry too much, so long as your child is able to prove competency if challenged to do so.

As for which test to take, any nationally accredited or PA accredited test should be acceptable. The official PA state test is the PSSA, as you stated:
http://www.pde.state.pa.us/a_and_t/site/default.asp

This would probably need to be taken at a local school and on a specific date, contact your local school for details.
twiggybumble
User

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can any PA homeschoolers provide me with some details on how exactly you keep your portfolio, records, etc? I am a newbie (obviously).. and I am a bit concerned about this area. I realize that I am probably worrying for nothing, but I would appreciate any feedback, if only to make myself feel better.

TIA
Theodore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We do have an area of the forum devoted to recordkeeping / portfolios Smile
twiggybumble
User

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I am aware, I have posted my question there. I posted it here hoping that I would be hearing from a PA resident in particular, since many of the posts I have read on record keeping/ portfolios are from HS in states with different requirements...

Sorry Smile
Theodore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know of any state that provides specific guidelines for recordkeeping / portfolios of work, so all that stuff should be pretty much the same from state to state. The only difference is what hours, subjects, etc. you're required to cover, and whether recordkeeping itself is required in the first place. Some states don't require recordkeeping at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Law All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: