Bedroom

Cooking, herbs, gardening, sewing, flower arrangement, building, decorating, and more!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune, Regina Hogsten

Regina Hogsten

Bedroom

Postby Regina Hogsten » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:45 pm

It is not easy to keep up with the house when the kids are home all day, schooling, working on some project, or playing. One place you might try to keep beautiful is your room, a place to run (I mean that literally sometimes) when everything else is a mess. Make your bed every morning. It only takes 60 seconds. Put clothes in drawers, and keep top of bureau paper and clutter free. (as much as possible) It makes dusting easier. Get a decorative box, portable file. or make the top drawer for your papers and stuff. Put a basket on the floor next to your bed for your books, etc. Do you like your curtains and bed covering? Add a few simple changes like a new throw rug, new finial (its an ornament that hangs on the end of the ceiling fan chain), silk greenery, and a few simple silk flowers. I found an inexpensive silk tree and put tiny white lights on it. Try fabric store for sales. Make it sparkle by cleaning the windows and blinds. Dusting doesn't take long although I avoid it.

Spring is here and the kids will be slowing down to little or no school for the summer. Think about making plans to make your room an enjoyable refuge.

Tabz
User

Postby Tabz » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:17 am

An easy dusting way is to use an old sock (perferably the thicker kind that guys wear) it's easy to do corners and etc with this and miniblinds!

Princess_Fyara
User

Postby Princess_Fyara » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:28 pm

Hey Tabz, do you just wear it on your hand? That sounds like a great idea!

Return to “Home Economics with Regina Hogsten”