Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

gluten-free

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Home Economics with Regina Hogsten
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Regina Hogsten

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: gluten-free Reply with quote

Anyone have any tasty, tried and true gluten-free recipes?
OldHomeschoolMom
User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this is anything like what you want, but it's a good recipe for bread.

3 eggs
1 packet Splenda
dash salt
pinch cream of tartar
3 Tbsp. cream cheese

Preheat oven to 300.

Separate the eggs and add Splenda, salt and cream cheese to the yolks. Whisk this mixture together. In a separate bowl, whip egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff. I mean super stiff... when you can turn the bowl upside down and shake it and the whites don't move, then your ready for the next step.

Using a spatula, gradually fold the yolk mixture into the white mixture, being careful not to break down the whites. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spoon the mixture onto the sheet, making 6 mounds. Flatten each just a little. Bake about 35 minutes. Let them cool on sheet for few minutes, then remove to rack and cool.

You can do them in different shapes. Usually I spread it on the cookie sheet and when done I cut it into squares the size of store bought bread.

Put them in baggies and set in frig overnight. If you eat one immediately it will be like eating air. After setting overnight in the frig, they are more like a slice of bread.

Last edited by OldHomeschoolMom on Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Regina Hogsten

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: gluten-free bread recipe Reply with quote

Old Homeschool Mom,
I buy Splenda in bulk. Would you please tell me how much 1 package of Splenda measures?
Thanks.
OldHomeschoolMom
User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: gluten-free bread recipe Reply with quote

Regina Hogsten wrote:
Old Homeschool Mom,
I buy Splenda in bulk. Would you please tell me how much 1 package of Splenda measures?
Thanks.
1 packet equals about 1/2 teaspoon. I buy both bulk and packets. I usually carry a couple of packets in my purse for when we eat out.

I should have added that these rev rolls can be used for many many different things. I make pizzas, fruit deserts, grilled cheese sandwiches, an even french toast with them. They can be used as the basis for just about anything you want to make.

do a search on "revolution rolls" and you'll find lots of ideas on the web.
Princess_Fyara
User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, sounds interesting! I use Stevia (kind of like Splenda, only from a non-sugar plant) and I get it in bulk, so I could probably make this one too. I think it might be sweeter though, so I'd have to use less. I will try to make these for my Grandma!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Home Economics with Regina Hogsten All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: