Christian Light Readers or Pathway Readers?

Discuss the pros and cons of various curriculums, or get help on which to choose!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Christian Light Readers or Pathway Readers?

Postby Kimberly » Sat May 05, 2007 12:24 pm

I would like to buy a set of readers. We have a set of Abeka readers (even though we do not use Abeka for any other subjects) but I have a child who struggles with reading. His younger brother and sister are passing him in the readers and that is hard for him. I decided to solve the problem by buying him a separate set of readers so that there will not be a comparison.

I am impressed with both the Pathway Readers and The Christian Light Readers. However, after glancing through both of them (that I borrowed from friends) I still can't decide which ones to purchase. I was wondering if any of you are familiar with both of them and which one you like better (or more importantly, which ones did your children like better). Or if you have only used one of them (even if you aren't familiar with both) and really liked it or really didn't, I'd love to hear from you, too.
Wife of my best friend (for 20 years) and Homeschooling Mom to three boys (ages 15, 11 and 9) and two girls (ages 8 and 6).

Return to “Curriculum Discussion”