Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Withdrawing my kids from public School, in Texas.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Law
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sbarnesmomo4
User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Withdrawing my kids from public School, in Texas. Reply with quote

I am planning on beginning Homeschooling three of my four children, this next Fall. My question is: what do I need to do in order to withdraw them from Public School? I have turned in a paper, to their present school, saying that I will be withdrawing them next year, and homeschooling, but I did not know what else I needed to do. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks!!
Mark

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that will cover it here in Tx, but just to be sure you should check
with the HSDLA's website.

I'll see if I can snag it..
Mark

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here ya go.. Smile

http://www.hslda.org/laws/default.asp?State=TX

It's very homeschool friendly around here.. Smile

mark
elliemaejune
User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Withdrawing my kids from public School, in Texas. Reply with quote

sbarnesmomo4 wrote:
I am planning on beginning Homeschooling three of my four children, this next Fall. My question is: what do I need to do in order to withdraw them from Public School? I have turned in a paper, to their present school, saying that I will be withdrawing them next year, and homeschooling, but I did not know what else I needed to do. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks!!

I hope you gave the school that piece of paper because you wanted to, not because the school said it was required :-/

You don't need to do *anything* in Texas to teach your dc at home. There is no accountability to the state at all. The only reason you would want to tell the school that your dc are not coming back is that you don't want the school to think that your dc are truant.

Othewise, just choose your teaching materials and that's it Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Law All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: