Book Reports

Discuss the pros and cons of various curriculums, or get help on which to choose!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Vomo
User

Book Reports

Postby Vomo » Tue May 08, 2007 11:24 am

I'm working on teaching my HS about Book reports. I remember doing book reports in school and found them to be very helpful in my love of reading. My memory is a little missing. I was wondering if any of you HSers knew of any good websites that would help me teach my HS about Book Reports. Like material that should go into a Book Report & Ect. ~Or~ any Ideas on a new or different approach of addressing a book report. Maybe verbaly or both verbaly and writen. My HS is in 8th grade and really has never done a book report so I was thinking of some thing on a 4th through 6th grade Book Repot Level. Thanks for any links or ideas.
-Veronica :0)
-Veronica :0)

iamnettie
User

Postby iamnettie » Tue May 08, 2007 1:06 pm

I have a book on my shelf that is book report forms, they are set by genre of the book. They have both writing and activities you do with the book. When I taught public school it was what I had the kids use in my classroom. I made them do 4 book reports a quarter. Next time I go down stairs I will pull the book up and get the title for you.

keptwoman
User

Postby keptwoman » Wed May 09, 2007 4:24 am

Donna Young has so many fantastic resources.
Check out the "Book Logs" link on this page:
http://donnayoung.org/english/index.htm
Sandra, Homeschooling Mum in Australia

Kimberly
User

Postby Kimberly » Wed May 09, 2007 7:29 am

For literature next year my son will be reading six classics and then writing a book report on them. I wanted to have some ideas for him to do besides just a traditional book report so I have enjoyed the posts so far and look forward to future ones. Thanks everyone!
Wife of my best friend (for 20 years) and Homeschooling Mom to three boys (ages 15, 11 and 9) and two girls (ages 8 and 6).

elliemaejune
User

Re: Book Reports

Postby elliemaejune » Wed May 09, 2007 7:42 am

Dolly-VA
User

Postby Dolly-VA » Wed May 09, 2007 8:16 am

Return to “Curriculum Discussion”