Overwhelmed..

Having problems figuring out where to start? Let other homeschoolers offer you some advice!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

mommyof6kids
User

Overwhelmed..

Postby mommyof6kids » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:31 am

I seem bombarded with lessons and keeping the kids on track...

I have an 8 year old, 6 year old and 4 year old, I am trying to incorporate Science and History/Civics lessons together with the older one have more in depth work..

Has any one done this?

elliemaejune
User

Re: Overwhelmed..

Postby elliemaejune » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:14 pm

mommyof6kids wrote:I seem bombarded with lessons and keeping the kids on track...

I have an 8 year old, 6 year old and 4 year old, I am trying to incorporate Science and History/Civics lessons together with the older one have more in depth work..

Has any one done this?

Some people feel bombarded, but you know, with dc as young as yours, there's really no reason to feel that way :-)

It would be helpful to know what kind of teaching materials you're using, and what state you're in (you might be trying to overcomply with your state's requirements).

4given
User

Postby 4given » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:26 pm

The Weaver Curriculum from Alpha Omega Publications is specifically designed to overlap grade levels while giving the older students more in depth studies. I have not used it and do not know of anyone who uses it, so I cannot give a recommendation. It may be something you want to check into, though. Good luck!

Sheila-HS mom to 4

mommyof6kids
User

Postby mommyof6kids » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:20 pm

we are more ecclectic in our stlye.. I have never bought curric. I just find what works ( and what doesnt) .. ( most of it free).

And I haven really bothered with State req yet.. we just moved from a state where there were none..and its pretty lax here.. The princpal of the elem school here homeschooled her kids so I am not too worried.... yet :)

Return to “Getting Started”