Bible centered Education

Discuss unschooling, eclectic, the unit study approach, or any other "unusual" homeschooling method.

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Postby 4given » Sat May 30, 2009 6:21 am

Like the name! Ours is Abide in the Vine Academy (John 15:4).

Postby austinstrickland » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:30 pm

that's really a different idea.. I think it is worth enough to try.. thanks for sharing :)

Strict bible Education

Postby Daniel.zabel » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:46 am

Do you Support strict bible Education like copy bible Pages and do you diciplin like the bible Said dont spare the Rod ?

Postby MagnoliaHoney » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:22 am

We personally do copywork out of the Bible, not whole pages, it's not punishment! But, we do a daily verse copywork for a week. I choose shorter (she's only 8) but meaningful verses for our copywork.

And yes we do believe in don't spare the rod. However, I believe many people misinterpret that scripture. The majority of the Bible, uses sheep as a metaphor. In that line, shepherd's have rods that they use to guide their sheep, to keep them safe, fed, etc. And so they do not get into harm by wild animals, falling off cliffs etc. They do not beat the sheep with their rods. It's usually a gentle nudge with the rod, to not go that way, but go this way instead. So yes, we try to nudge and guide our children in the safest, best way for them to go. To keep them from danger, and to keep them safe and healthy.

Return to “Homeschooling Styles and Philosophies”