Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newcomer: Rebecca

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Guestbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
millerrd
User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Newcomer: Rebecca Reply with quote

I just started homeschooling my son of 5yr old this year I had him in public school for a total of 4weeks. He is a juvenile diabetic I had problems with him missing alot of classtime for blood sugar checks and snacks which easily could have been done there in the classroom. He was missing out on what the other children were getting. So I decided homeschooling would be the best solution. He is doing pretty well with math. but sometimes struggles with the beginning reading. Phonics and the such. Doesn't really interest him hoping to find some insight from some tried and true homeschooling individuals out there that know the ropes. I want to give my son the education he deserves and I hope I can make friends and find the support I need here. Hope to meet everyone soon.

Rebecca[/b]
MNKristy
User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! I am a relatively new member also. I won't begin homeschooling until next school year but I'm really looking forward to it and I'm learning alot.

Retired homeschooling mom/teacher to three wonderful kids
millerrd
User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Homeschool Reply with quote

To be honest homeschooling is alot more simple that I thought it'd be by no means am I saying that it's not hardwork ecspecially somedays. lol... but you don't have to be a scholar or anything to complete it. I remember my mother in law throwing a fit when I siad I was homeschooling. She siad you don't even have a teaching degree how do you think you'll be able to do this. But when I look at how public school children behave out in public and what's going on in the world I'm more and more glad everyday of the decision I made.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Guestbook All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: