Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

need help new to homeschooling

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Getting Started
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jen76
User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: need help new to homeschooling Reply with quote

hi I live in springfield MO and im at my last wit ends with my daughters school. Im thinking of homeschooling her but i need some advice she is in 7th grade and hates school she used to love it and was getting good grade at the begain of the school year but a couple of weeks ago her grades droped and she doesnt care about school anymore. I have also found out that her teacher our telling her that she will fail, and just last friday she was told by one of her teacher she wouldnt pass the test and when she did he then said she must have cheated. She is always being bullyed by other students do to her weight and her eyes and when she tells the teacher they do nothing so when she does something about it on her own she is the put in ISS. Myself and her father are at the point where the only thing i can think of doing is homeschooling her. i would be greatful to any advice any one has for me and my hubby thanx so much Smile
Theodore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That certainly sounds like a situation where homeschooling is called for. Here's a thread on the legalities of homeschooling in Missouri, and a list of Missouri homeschool groups. We also have an entire area of the forum devoted to curriculum discussion.

Let us know if you have further questions!
Dolly-VA
User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really feel for you and your daughter! I ended up pulling my 7th grade son from public school in October. 7th grade is the first year of middle school here and, as far as this middle school goes, a totally miserable place to be. (My eldest is 18 and always maintains it was the worst school year of his life.) I had no thoughts of homeschooling prior to pulling my son from school, but he was so miserable at that point that even the idea of switching schools did nothing to alleviate his stress. That said, homeschooling him has been, for the most part, a great experience. I had no idea he and I would both like it so much. I'd say, if you and she are both motivated to try it, then do! I'd be glad to offer you any advice for a new homeschooling mom of a 7th grader (that just about describes me) just pm me and I'll write you back!

Take care and good luck!
wrightno
User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: hello theo/moderator Reply with quote

MY DAUGHTERS TEACHER TOOK HER BOOKS ON HER DESK AS SHE WAS WRITING SOMETHING,AND HE THREW THEM ACROSS THE CLASS ROOM.SHE IS UNHAPPY WITH THE SCHOOL SHE IS IN.AND SHE DOESENT LIKE HER TEACHER AT ALL.SHE GOT IN A ARGUEMENT WITH HIM AND WAS PUT IN ISS.ANOTHER CLASS MATE SAID MY DAUGHTER AND ANOTHER CLASSMATE SAID THEY WERE PICKING ON HER AND THEY WERENT.SO MY DAUGHTER AND HER TEACHER GOT IN A ARGUEMENT,THEN SHE WAS SENT TO ISS. WE LIVE IN ST.AUGUSTINE FLORIDA.WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Jen76
User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that is pretty bad. Im still new to homeschooling and if i were you i would think about it. these and many more are the reason i will be homeschooling my daughter next year. agin i say that is bad and good luck to you and your famly

Jen Smile
wrightno
User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: HELLO ALL Reply with quote

I CALLED THE SCHOOL TODAY AND SPOKE TO THE ASSISTANT PRIN.ABOUT WHAT MY DAUGHTER TOLD ME ABOUT HER TEACHER THROWING HER BOOK ACCROSS THE CLASSROOM.I ASKED HER IF I COULD PLACE MY DAUGHTER IN ANOTHER CLASSROOM,SHE SAID THEY WANT TO SET UP A CONFERENCE WITH ME MY DAUGHTER HER TEACHER AND THE ASSISTANT PRIN.THE ASSISTANT PRIN.SAID THEY WANT TO NO I GUESS FROM THE TEACHER IF HE INDEED THREW MY DAUGHTERS BOOKS ACCROSS THE CLASS ROOM.I BELEIVE MY DAUGHTER NO MATTER WHAT THE TEACHER SAYS.THIS IS WHY IM WANTING TO HOMESCHOOL.I HAVE 4 KIDS ALL BUT MY OLDEST DAUGHTER IN HIGHSCHOOL,WANT TO BE HOMESCHOOLED,THEY ARE TIRED OF BEING PICKED ON AND MISTREATED.
Jen76
User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know how you feel thats what they wanted to do to when i had probs with one of my daughters teacher and it didnt slove nothing that same day i had the meeting with him he told my daughter that she probly couldnt pass the test they had and when she did called her a cheater. I am sick of how teacher treat students now days it sure wasnt that bad when i was in school the worse i had to deal with is the teacher werent willing to teach me what i needed to learn. I say again even though I am new to homeschooling I would go for it if i were you
Jen Smile
easyhomeschooling
User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Homeschooling 7th Grader Reply with quote

I think this is an ideal opportunity. Not only will your child be able to be "protected" from the time-wasting attacks, ridicule and negative feedback, she will acquire a new interest in school as she helps plan her curriculum. Yes, take her into the planning. Even though there are basics to cover, she can learn a lot by reading and studying her own interests as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Getting Started All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: