Homeschooling and Home Based Business

Having problems figuring out where to start? Let other homeschoolers offer you some advice!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

kkh534
User

Homeschooling and Home Based Business

Postby kkh534 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:21 pm

I am looking for other parents who are currently homeschoolling and have a home based business. I am starting a home sewing business and currently homeschooling 3 elementary aged girls 10, 8, 7. My son will be kindergarden age next year. Do we have anyone out there successful in their venture?

My husband feels that to do each justice the children should go to public school, and doesn't feel that homeschooling only one or two is an option either.

My girls would love to stay at home. The extra income would be very helpful.

karenc.
User

Postby karenc. » Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:01 am

In the lower grades it will not take all day to do lessons. It only takes about three hours, four tops, but is also something that will take your time to set up each day, the lesson part that is. I have a business in the summer and the kids help with it, we sell plants and firewood. If they help me they get to buy items they need like clothes or books along the way. And they like it. I think you need to explore it more and see if it will really work for you. If hubby will help with lessons from time to time, even if doing it for a while in the evening that will help out, but you both need to agree and stick to it, PRAY< PRAY< PRAY is all I can say. God will help each step of the way.

Return to “Getting Started”