Anyone tried products by Critical Thinking Company?

Discuss the pros and cons of various curriculums, or get help on which to choose!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Lindsey
User

Anyone tried products by Critical Thinking Company?

Postby Lindsey » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:34 pm

beemom
User

Postby beemom » Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:45 am

We have used many of the Critical Thinking Press products. I have thought that most were excellent products. Products that stand out in my mind right now are: Algebra Word Problems, which was the perfect complement to our Algebra text; Critical Thinking Figural and Verbal books were great.

Here's my caution, though: There are a lot of materials in the catalog, and it's easy to get overwhelmed and think that you must need them all. For the most part, they would be considered add-ons to your curriculum; very worthy add-ons, but that is what they are for the most part. So, make sure you have money to purchase your core curriculum first, and then get these products to enrich your child's education.

I also question whether it is really good/necessary for very young children to do all the Critical Thinking books. My experience with my 4 has shown me that maturity alone takes care of some of the critical thinking issues, and that you can't necessarily improve that just by doing a workbook. But, I still had my children do some critical thinking at around ages 10-12, to prepare for formal logic.

Linda

Return to “Curriculum Discussion”