Any Non- Religious, Secular Homeschoolers Out There?

Share everyday things like field trips, homeschooling experiences, or just anything that doesn't seem to belong elsewhere!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Papillon Mom
User

Any Non- Religious, Secular Homeschoolers Out There?

Postby Papillon Mom » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:00 am

My daughter and I are super early in her homeschool career. She is 14 months old!!! Still I am a planner and want to be prepared when the time comes to get officially started. I am finding it very difficult to find secular homeschool communities. There are religious groups that accept non religious members but I am especially looking for groups, resources, forums, curriculum, etc., that are purely secular. I know public schools offer something like what I am describing but what I am interested in is more of a Non-Government, Rational, Renaissance, Beautiful approach to education. Something that will help develop a well- rounded and interested/ing young adult.
Thank you for any shoves in the right direction.
Amanda and Bo

Calla_Dragon
User

Postby Calla_Dragon » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:34 pm

To be idle is a short road to death and to be diligent is a way of life; foolish people are idle, wise people are diligent.

momo3boys
User

Postby momo3boys » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:48 pm

We started a homeschool group that is very diverse, and we like i that way. My children can see how to deal with children adn families not like mine. We are a christian household, but we are only one of two in the group, the others are VERY different from us and that makes for some great discussions in our family. Look for a group or start your own like we did, that can show your children that everyone can work together and be at peace!
Phi 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:18 am

There are a few secular groups, but the chances of finding one close to you is not terribly large. However, you could try searching Yahoo Groups for an online secular homeschool support group, and you should be able to find one at least in your state.

Our California groups listing:
http://www.home-school.com/groups/CA.html

Return to “Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic”