Anyone know of a holistic health curriculum?

Discuss the pros and cons of various curriculums, or get help on which to choose!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Calla_Dragon
User

Anyone know of a holistic health curriculum?

Postby Calla_Dragon » Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:23 pm

I'm curious to know if someone is aware of a health curriculum that takes a mind/body/spirit approach? All I can find for health curriculum is based on the USDA food pyramid which, as a holistic nutritionist, I'm not a fan of and do not feel good about using it to teach about nutrition. I'm willing to make my own curriculum according to our familial beliefs and my education, but why reinvent the wheel if one already exists? I've looked and found none.
To be idle is a short road to death and to be diligent is a way of life; foolish people are idle, wise people are diligent.

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:27 pm

None spring to mind. It probably wouldn't be too hard though to take the standard USDA food pyramid and add a list of the most important supplements, like for instance fruity red wine for antioxidants, echinacea for the immune system, folic acid during pregnancy to prevent birth defects, etc. Add on top of that a bit of info about sleep and exercise and you're good to go.

Calla_Dragon
User

Postby Calla_Dragon » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:02 pm

That would work but I don't feel the pyramid itself is accurate and doesn't convey the right information appropriately so I don't feel right about using it. The dietary guidelines I go by are much different from the USDA pyramid.

Sleep and exercise are important but there is also a lot more to a holistic approach than that and I was hoping had been put together somewhere.
To be idle is a short road to death and to be diligent is a way of life; foolish people are idle, wise people are diligent.

Mark

Postby Mark » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:26 pm

Calla_Dragon
User

Postby Calla_Dragon » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:27 pm

There's no hurry! I appreciate the effort! Thanks!

Return to “Curriculum Discussion”