slow and steady

Preschool readiness skills (birth to age 5) and the common developmental concerns of young children.

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

mommyoftwo
User

slow and steady

Postby mommyoftwo » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:40 pm

ms. oberlander, i am so excited to have been introduced to this website! i am a mother of a 3 1/2 year old and a 20-month-old. i have your book and i really like it and appreciate the ideas you offer. my problem is actually accomplishing them! and i get a little discouraged when a certain activity doesn't fly with my kids! and i have a hard time just planning for the activities and working them in, especially for both children. i know this is pretty basic, but could you give me some practical advice for actually implimenting this curriculum? thanks so much.

mdsmomct
User

Postby mdsmomct » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:48 am

I hope you don't mind my 1.5 cents!? :wink: My ds is 2.3 and there are some activities he just has no interest in so we skip them to either come back to or we just skip them altogether.

I usually pick a time of day when he seems to not be intent on any one thing and ask if he wants to do aproject. He almost always says yes. Whether he likes the activity is another story. We tried one this week he did not like- so I actually went back to one he did not like previously and he liked it this time!

I try to look ahead at the activities and see what I might need that we don't have so I am prepared in that way....

HTH in some small way.

Return to “Preschool and Readiness”