Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi from PA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Guestbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jally
User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:17 am    Post subject: Hi from PA Reply with quote

I guess I should have introduced myself before I started posting in already established threads. Sorry about that.

I'm Sherry, a 37 year old work at home, homeschooling mom. I have 3 children, but only homeschool my youngest. My daughters are 19 and 17, both public schooled so I am not anti school for some children. My daughters thrived in school and they wanted to be there so I wasn't going to mess with a good thing when it came to their education. My oldest is learning disabled and was in learning support through out her school career. She thrived and I credit that to her wonderful teachers she had. She bonded to each and every one of them.

My youngest daughter, the 17 year old is doing wonderfully in school. She is active in clubs and has a lot of friends. She has great future ahead of her.

My youngest, my only son is 12 and has been a difficult child from birth. He has Aspergers/PDD-NOS/high functioning autism, different diagnosis different doctors. I believe he has Aspergers, but has a lot of problems associated with PDD. Anyway, school was not for him. We knew this in preschool, but thought he'd outgrow his quirkiness. Kindergarten came and went and he was literally abused by his teacher. I know this because my nephew who is the same age was also in the same class. First grade came and where he wasn't abused by his teacher, he was just totally ignored by her and kids were bullying him. We had enough at that point and about 3/4 of the way into the school year, we pulled him out.

Last year I had a hair up my butt I guess and decided to re-enroll him into school. Big mistake. Needless to say, he is home for good this time.

Homeschooling isn't easy, but it is rewarding. It isn't for everyone, nor for every child, but if you have enough determination to do it, I'd say go for it.

Hope the spelling and grammar police aren't on duty today. I suffer from GAD and Panic disorder and had a rough night, I think I got about 3 hours of sleep last night. Not to mention, dh and ds are night owls so they kept me awake too. So, I apologize for any misspelled words and grammar errors.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Guestbook All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: