Jared Allen...

Share everyday things like field trips, homeschooling experiences, or just anything that doesn't seem to belong elsewhere!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Randigale
User

Jared Allen...

Postby Randigale » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:52 am

Did anyone watch the Kansas City game last night? Well, for those of you that didn't- there is part of the game where all the guys pop up on the screen to say the name of the school they went to. When Jared Allen came up, I just about cried. Instead of saying the name of his college he said, "Homeschooled. Thanks mom!"

I think I love him now. I'm not that in to football, but I just became a fan of his... He is the official answer to "what about playing sports in high school?" Anyway, I thought you guys might like to know that yet another one of our boys have hit it big... :D

Jenlynn4673
User

Postby Jenlynn4673 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:28 am

DH and I heard that, ok, I will be honest, DH heard it. I personally tend to tune out Football and Football commentary. We sat down for dinner and of course Football was still on. All of a Sudden DH got really excited asking me if I heard that. Nope. Tuned it out as usual. He told me and I lisitened for the next few moments. A few moments later they did state which college Jared went to.

That came at great timing. DH's big concern was geared more toward WHO today that is big was homeschooled. You read through the lists of Who's who of Homeschooled students and that lists seems to end close to 100 years ago. Still at a time when it was pretty norm. He wanted to hear of people TODAY who have highly succeeded after being homeschooled.
Jen
Mom to 2 boys
7 and 8
Officially Homeschooling Jan 2007!

Mark

Postby Mark » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:22 am

8)

Return to “Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic”