Good science/nature magazine for young kids?

Discuss the pros and cons of various curriculums, or get help on which to choose!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

elishajane
User

Good science/nature magazine for young kids?

Postby elishajane » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:12 pm

Hello,
I am wondering if anyone knows of a good magazine that teaches science/nature type stuff for children. We were getting RangerRick, but found that all of the cartoons depicted humans as bad guys who want to hurt animals. We would like someting along this line but less biased or even from a Christian perspective. Thanks.
Elisha

Aurie
User

Postby Aurie » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:14 am

The Discovery Channel has a kids magazine. We used to get it, but we moved a couple times this year and let the subscription lapse. It isn't as basic as ranger rick, if I am remembering the two magazines correctly.

momo3boys
User

Postby momo3boys » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:42 pm

we get "ASK" and "Spider", not christian but a lot of fun. "ask" devotes an entire issue on a sunject great for unit studies, how to build things, how does moeny work, that kinda stuff, usually 8-12 yo. Spider is a little more whimsical, my 7yo likes it, cute stories and activities.
Phi 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

elishajane
User

Postby elishajane » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:25 pm

Thanks momo3boys,
Those look good, we are ordering a back issue to see if it looks like what we need. Anyone else can still answer if they know of others.
Thanks.
Elisha

FLMom
User

Postby FLMom » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:09 pm

I second the recommendation of Ask and Spider. My kids love them.

dragonfly183
User

Postby dragonfly183 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:10 pm

This is not a magazine but I recently noticed the national geographic channel has some really goood programs!!!! They just had one I saw the other night on the creation of the moon and the effects on the planet that was amazing.

Return to “Curriculum Discussion”