Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

hello people

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
micheller79
User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:23 am    Post subject: hello people Reply with quote

hi, is everyone just busy, or what? I haven't seen anything new in awhile so i thought i would say hey.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a countdown calendar for christmas that we can make ourselves?

Or a home remedy for one very cranky girl?

my daughter swears she is happy with homeschool but she seems kind of down in the mouth, and is hard to motivate for schoolwork.

Also, does anyone do the scrapbook for homeschool recording?

thanks for your help. m
momo3boys
User

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a girl (thank God) but when my oldest (emotional one) gets cranky and doesn't want to do anything for school, we read together, me reading to him too, and we play games, even make up our own this gets him to think that I'm still fun, something that they don't always think when they get older. remeber that your relationship with her is more important than the academics. I hope this helps.
Phi 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
micheller79
User

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:56 am    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

thanks mom, you are right about the relationship, if i don't lay a good foundation now, those teenage yrs will be rough.

just want the best for her. and get a little frantic sometimes

thanks for advice
Ramona
User

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: hello people Reply with quote

Hi!

We've been VERY busy lately!

We've always used the Christmas countdown calendars from the Friend magazine. 5+ years of archived issues including Decembers are here:

http://lds.org/gospellibrary/pdfmagazine/0,7779,594-7-1,00.html

I have 4 girls and right now 3 of them are getting very hard to motivate for schoolwork. We always take the month of December off. We will go through tomorrow and then from Thanksgiving till New Year's is a holiday. (The youngest is totally wound up right now because her b-day is coming, followed by Christmas, starting Kindergarten curriculum, and moving up to a new Sunday School class.)

I might be the crankiest of all at this point. I already checked out the first bunch of library books I'm going to read during vacation. We just keep telling each other to hang in there till Wednesday afternoon.

Ramona
micheller79
User

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

thanks ramona, you are right, they are so wound up now, and in public school they just color and have fun during these months anyway, i think i will lighten up a bit thanks for the web site. have a good day
momo3boys
User

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we take the week before Christmas off then we play with all the new presents. They think they have it off but we are doing school the fun way.
Phi 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Ramona
User

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject: Advent calendars Reply with quote

OK--I'm so bummed that the Friend magazine doesn't have a full-month Advent calendar this year.

I did an MSN.com search on "free children's advent calendars" and got all sorts of great ideas and was able to make one using materials from 2 or 3 different sites.

Ramona
JenniferSylvie
User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be a little late, since it's already into December, but you could make an advent calander of sorts by using Christmas socks, different sizes and patterns, held onto a piece of string or yarn, by clothes pins numbered 1-25. In each sock you could but a variety of things, either small gifts or pieces of a puzzle that you could assemble each day or blble verses.

HTH
Jennifer
Mom to Max
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: