Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do I get them into History?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> History
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ramona
User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to wonder why the Little House TV show was so different from the books. It turns out it was based more on her life than on her books.

Ramona
Theodore

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried watching some of that, couldn't stand the guy they had playing the dad. A pity - I love the books.
TheAssistant
User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a pretty old thread, I know, but I thought I'd add my two cents in case someone comes along with the same question. Smile I'd suggest looking around the websites of big museums like the American Museum of Natural History, the Smithsonian, and sites like National Geographic and History. There are tons of games, activities, videos, virtual field trips, and photo galleries to be found, and they're great for kids who want something a little more interactive. Smile
Munchie33
User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our lessons are based on a mixture of the "World History" curriculum here http://worldhistoryforusall.sdsu.edu/shared/units.php and the curriculum set out from a series of school textbooks. To keep it interesting, we do history as a part of other subjects (for example, in art we have to learn about what a historical period was like to understand how it influenced the development of a particular style).

Probably his favourite part, though, is the Horrible History books. We have about twenty (there are over fifty in the series) which he reads and re-reads, and they act as the prime motivation for his learning in the subject. I really reccomend these books to any children who are becoming bored with history.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> History All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: