Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thinking of homeschooling

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Getting Started
View previous topic :: View next topic  
newyorkeratheart124
User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject: Thinking of homeschooling Reply with quote

Hi, my daughter is only 19 months old now but Im thinking of homeschooling her. I never thought I would but seeing all of this violence in the schools is changing my mind. I know I cant protect her forever but you shouldnt have to wonder if your child will be murdered at school. Plus classrooms are over crowded, I think if I had someone who focused on me until I understood the concepts I would have gone a lot farther in school. In addition to that we are a military family and its not uncommon for kids to leave one base in 5th grade and end up placed in 4th grade at the next base through no fault of their own, that must be frustrating! Im sure a lot of you are military.

I would love to have a pen pal (email pal) who homeschools their child to ask questions, learn more about it etc.

Please email me at kevs_girl124@yahoo.com

Thanks so much
Jenny
Linda
User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you about the violence in today's schools. It is scary...when I hear those stories I am always glad that we home school!

I also think that home schooling is an excellent choice for military families. It is so hard for kids to have to change schools all the time.

I would suggest that you do as much research as you can, now, before you get started. Read books and check out home schooling web sites.

Two books to start with are: "A Charlotte Mason Companion" by Karen Andreola and "The Well-Trained Mind" by Jessie Wise and Susan Wise Bauer. You should be able to find both of these at your local library.

Good luck to you!
micheller79
User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:44 am    Post subject: violence Reply with quote

When I see the news (esp. the last two days) it reinforces our decision to homeschool. I can't imagine sticking my kid on the bus after what just happened. Homeschooling is a good choice because as the parent, you have your childs best interests deep inside.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Getting Started All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: