Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Homeschooling mostly Christian?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maherwoman
User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Homeschooling mostly Christian? Reply with quote

Hey guys!

Though I hold many (if not most) of Christianity's beliefs, I don't consider myself exclusively a Christian (thought I was one for most of my life). I have found in my searching for various forums that most people that are homeschooling are Christians. Is this an accurate find?

Are there any people on the site that aren't Christians, at least in the strictest sense?

Are most of the people on this site Christians? Would you be offended, in general, if I asked for projects about Halloween, etc.?

I really don't want to step on anyone's toes, and I'm sorry if my questions offend anyone...that's the last thing I intend. I'm merely curious. Smile

Thanks for the open minds, and free conversation on the subject! Smile
momo3boys
User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you read some more in the forum you will see that we are from all walks of life, some hold reigious views and some don't. Some homeschool because of them and some have other reasons. I have a homeschool group, that has two Christian families, two non-christian families and one lesbian couple. WE all work together and build on our commonalities instead of our differences. I think that you will find that is true with most people on this site. We are not offended by other's beliefs as long as you don't try to change us. We are all different, that is what makes living on this earth interesting.
Phi 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Theodore

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While there are a lot of Christian homeschoolers (possibly a majority), there are also Hindu, Muslim, atheist, pagan, etc. homeschoolers. Even among Christians, you see a number of different sects of Protestant and Catholic represented.
maherwoman
User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, great! I just wanted to be sure my questions or ideas wouldn't be offending as far as asking for Halloween ideas and such. Smile

I would never push my own religion on anybody, so no worries! Smile
Mark

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool
Josh
User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say its mostly/largely a christian movement but not entirely the other day I actually found a book on pagan home schooling at the library!
dragonfly183
User

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are more and more pagan home schoolers every day also. I am pagan and I am considering home schooling. There are companies out there that produce pagan based curriculum also.
Mark

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeppers,

Homeschooling is for all who can, whatever spiritual path they follow.
FLMom
User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

/raises hand

We are not Christian, but we teach our children basics of all religion so they will have a better foundation to build upon for if/when they choose to act upon it.

I have encountered more Christian than non Christian homeschoolers; but in reality, I've generally encountered more Christian people than non. I think it just follows typical demographics.
minniemouse24
User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am jewish,and may be starting getting homeschooled next year.For Halloween,Maybe assign to a 1 page report on the history of Halloween.Or maybe write a prompt on what you like about Halloween?

Lol srry if those are horrible,it's 1:30 AM and im not thinking the way I would at Noon.lol:)
Theodore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halloween was originally a pagan holiday, so I'm not sure what benefit you can get out of a report on its history. Personally, I just view it as a night to dress up in imaginative outfits and collect candy, pretty innocuous unless someone tampered with your candy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: