Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WTB: SOS or Lifepac 3rd grade; 7th grade10 grade
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Used Curriculum Buying
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aksjv3
User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: WTB: SOS or Lifepac 3rd grade; 7th grade10 grade Reply with quote

I'm interested in 2 or 2r edition complete sets
Mrsbartman
User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Switched on Schoolhouse Reply with quote

I have the Switched on Schoolhouse (SOS) for 3rd grade.

It is the 2007 edition. I do not have the installation disc. I am asking $45pp each Or $100ppd for all.

Math 300
Social Studies 300
Math 300
Science 300.

Let me know if this is what you are looking for.

thanks,
Christi
LKriek
User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Switched On Schoolhouse Reply with quote

What is your opinion of SOS? My wife and I think my 7 year old may like it next year. Is it challenging? We currently use Abeka for everything, but it's a little time consuming following their lesson plans.
Mrsbartman
User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: SOS Vs Others Reply with quote

I homeschooled for 6 years for PreK-4th with my daughter. I used Abeka for the first 2 years and then changed to Bob Jones. In 4th I used a misc. of material because I found the best of of all that worked for my daughter.

We attended a private school for 4months and they used SOS which my daughter found enjoyable.

So after 3 years in public school I am back to homeschooling...my daughter is using the 7th grade currently and loves it. I started my 9 year old the 3rd grade I am selling and he didnt like it so much. He is dyslexic and really has a hard time reading, and there is alot of reading involved in SOS.

If your child is self motivated, and loves to read then I would suggest the SOS it is real good material but not for everybody.

Christi
Mrsbartman
User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: oh...another Reply with quote

it is self taught, no lesson plans...now you can go into teacher mode and choose to delete certain lessons. You will have to grade essay questions as well as a through other things.

christi
LKriek
User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 7 year old likes to read and reads well, but I wouldn't exactly call her self-motivated. How much are you selling it for?
LKriek
User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see the 45pp and 100ppd above. What does pp and ppd mean?
Mrsbartman
User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Math 300
Social Studies 300
Math 300
Science 300.

I will sell all 4 classes for $75ppd with Delievery Confirmation.

I do not have the installation disc...I am told that you can get that from the actuall SOS site. I borrowed someones to install my sons. I gave $150 used for it.
Mrsbartman
User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: response Reply with quote

It would be $75 this would include postage and delievery confirmation to you.

christi
LKriek
User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spoke with Alpha Omega. The installation disks would be $40 from them for the four subjects. Do you know if selling the disks are consistent with the license agreement?
Mrsbartman
User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: not sure Reply with quote

I know that several sell them on several of the homeschooling websites as well as ebay. I purchased mine used from someone on a website used.

I used a friends installation disc to install the program onto my computer.
I think that might be why SOS can sell the installtion disc seperate.

Christi
LKriek
User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you take PayPal?
Mrsbartman
User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Paypal Reply with quote

Yes, I am set up for paypal but It is not able to take credit card. I quit using it for business related purposes so I canceled it. Let me know if you plan to use a credit card.

Christi
Mrsbartman
User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: paypal Reply with quote

fullyblest59@yahoo.com
LKriek
User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can do a direct draft from my bank account if we decide to get it. My wife is thinking it might be good for a test run to see if we like it. If we don't, I guess we could always sell it. Are the discs in good condition?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Used Curriculum Buying All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: